Thursday, January 15, 2009

Dad-in-Chief, Barack Obama, Became President for Malia, Sasha and all other Children

Parade magazine just published a letter about why soon-to-be President of the U.S.A. ran for president. He wanted to give opportunities to his daughters and all other children. He wants them to be happy and fulfill their dreams.
""When I was a young man, I thought life was all about me -- about how I'd make my way in the world, become successful, and get the things I want. But then the two of you came into my world," Obama said in the letter published in Parade magazine, a weekend newspaper color supplement.

"I realized that my own life wouldn't count for much unless I was able to ensure that you had every opportunity for happiness and fulfilment in yours. In the end, girls, that's why I ran for President: because of what I want for you and for every child in this nation," wrote the soon-to-be Dad-in-chief.

Obama's wish-list for children includes challenging and inspirational schools; equal opportunity to go to university, regardless of their family's financial standing; and well-paid jobs with benefits such as health care and a pension plan that will allow them to "retire with dignity."

No comments:

Post a Comment

Please leave your comments on any of the articles you have read on this blog. Excessive external links will be edited. Please keep it simple and short! Thanks Editorial Board of AmericanParent blog.